Senior Payroll Specialist - 90318 | Temporary
Company: Tuality Healthcare
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Prepares bi-weekly payroll for the organization. Coordinates
funding of all payroll-related liabilities (withholding taxes,
garnishments, insurance premiums, etc.), prepares payroll tax
returns, annual life insurance data, yearly W2's, etc. Acts as the
primary contact for payroll questions, instructions, training, and
problem resolution. Via interpretation and application, ensures
compliance with Federal/State Tax and Wage and Hour laws.
Performed majority of the time:
- Collects and reviews employee timecards to ensure that:
- Regular hours recorded have been properly documented and are
consistent with Hospital policy.
- If stated hours are under budget, use employee PLH to bring
- Paid leave hours reported have been earned and are authorized
to be taken.
- Those receiving special charge premiums must be properly
- All other special adjustments, such as retroactive rate
adjustments, must be properly authorized with PA forms.
- Maintains all payroll reports produced by the computer system
in order that they are easily accessible for reference.
- Prepares quarterly and year-end governmental payroll reports,
including W-2 forms.
- Calculates and prepares garnishments.
- Reconcile the deduction reports from the computer system.
Carriers include: medical, dental, life insurance, credit union,
any appropriate union dues, and TSA billing.
- Prepares and disburses various management labor hours
- Verifies records for unemployment, Welfare and Wage.
- Copies time cards and other records.
- Maintains filing system.
- Verifies LOA and termination dates.
- Updates payroll files as necessary.
- Prepares information for federal, state and FICA tax
withholdings to send by electronic funds transfer.
- Demonstrates confidentiality regarding patient and co-worker
- Examines direct deposit information to prepare for electronic
- Takes corrective action for payroll check errors, in accordance
with Hospital policy concerning error correction. All errors are
documented with a payroll discrepancy report, which is initiated
and signed by the employee's Department Head.
- Responds to correspondence independently as appropriate by
telephone and/or in writing.
- Manages complex tasks, sets priorities, and follows through on
- Prepares sensitive and confidential information.
- Investigates over budget hours for departments.
- Prepares manual checks and annual bonus checks.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a team situation.
- Maintains a cooperative and harmonious relationship with staff
and management. Demonstrates respect of others, communicates
clearly and attempts to resolve interpersonal conflicts.
- Acts as the primary contact for payroll questions,
instructions, training and problem solving.
- Answers telephone and e-mail messages in a timely manner.
Performed occasionally but critical to successful performance of
- Handles complaints received by letter or phone using
organization's Customer Service Standards.
Decision making and budget responsibilities (e.g. impact limited
to the employee, entire unit or organization-wide):
- Payroll responsibilities impact the organization.
- 3+ years' experience in all areas of payroll processing.
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations:
Job Related Skills, Abilities and Behaviors:
- CREDIT CHECK REQUIRED - Any job offer for this position is
contingent upon review of candidate's credit history.
- Knowledge of tax laws.
- Possess strong analytical skills.
- Proficient 10-key skill.
- Demonstrates excellent telephone and interpersonal
- Develops solutions for various problems utilizing
- Demonstrates excellent customer skills in dealing with both
employees and managers.
- Operates a personal computer using Word, Excel, and Outlook in
a proficient manner.
- Demonstrates grammar, spelling and mathematical abilities.
- Makes independent decisions and works without direct
- Works in a highly confidential setting.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Demonstrates experience in working with multiple priorities,
deadlines and under pressure.
- Presents a professional image.
OHSU Health Hillsboro Medical Center, formerly Tuality
Healthcare has always been committed to our community. It's a part
of how we care for each other, and part of what makes this place
We had a humble start in 1918 when an enterprising woman named
Minnie Jones Coy started a small six-bed hospital in her Hillsboro
home. She brought together independent physicians under one roof to
treat the sick and provide a safe place for mothers to give birth.
A century after Minnie made her commitment to the people of
Hillsboro, her vision continues as we provide world-class health
care to patients.
As part of our affiliation with OHSU Health, we've changed our
name to Hillsboro Medical Center. This new moniker reflects our
expanded services and clinic locations that provide patients living
in Hillsboro and western Washington County greater access to
primary and specialty care.
Additional Posting Information
Hillsboro Medical Center believes in providing equal employment
opportunities for all qualified individuals. Recruitment, hiring,
promotions, transfers, working conditions, training, and
compensation will be based on qualifications without regard to
race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
age, creed, national origin, marital status, family relationship,
veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability,
or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law.
We further commit ourselves to continuing the practical application
of this policy in our daily business conduct.
Keywords: Tuality Healthcare, Hillsboro , Senior Payroll Specialist - 90318 | Temporary, Other , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!