Machinist - Swiss Operator (Swing Shift)
Posted on: March 25, 2020
Acumed is a global leader of innovative orthopaedic and medical
solutions developed to improve patient care. With over three
decades of experience in the orthopaedic industry, our mission is
to aid the afflicted through the ingenuity of our minds, the labor
of our hands and the compassion of our hearts. The company is
headquartered in Hillsboro, Oregon with a global sales and
distribution network supported by offices worldwide.
The Machinist sets up and operates a variety of machine tools to
produce precision parts and instruments. The Machinist is
responsible for ensuring product is loaded and unloaded correctly
per standard operating procedures.
Monday - Thursday 3:00PM-1:30AM
- Under close supervision, efficiently operates production
machine tools to maintain high quality, low cost and on time
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals,
specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and
tolerances of finished products, sequence of operations, and setup
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools,
attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills,
lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such
as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters
commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or
out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control
media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished part to specifications.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of
machine settings or programmed control data.
- Start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or
- Visually inspects surfaces for flaws and smoothness.
- Empties chip bins.
- Sweeps and cleans work area and equipment.
- Use established practices to ensure Quality during operation
including documentation and techniques.
- Monitor machine performance.
- Perform preventative maintenance as required.
- Perform general set-ups to ensure maximum utilization.
- Perform general and advanced set-ups on Swiss CNC Machines to
ensure maximum utilization
- Mentor and trains Machinist 1-2.
- Troubleshoot basic and advanced problems on both Swiss CNC
- Work with Senior Machinist and Process Engineers to improve
- Administrative duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Cover machines in different areas as assigned by
- Experience operating Swiss CNC equipment required
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read and speak English sufficiently to read,
understand and complete all documentation.
- Generally requires 2-4 years related Acumed experience, or 4-6
years external experience.
- Successful completion of Tooling U and/or Machining Classes, or
- Mastery of Level 1 and 2 competencies on Acumed Machinist
Career Ladder and Qualifications.
- Demonstrated set-up competency on Swiss CNC Machine Tools, with
- Demonstrated advanced troubleshooting skills, including code
changes, and in-depth programming understanding on Swiss CNC
machine type; documented by Lead/Senior Machinist
Acumed and ACUTEare equal opportunity employers. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other
things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
As an equal opportunity employer, Acumed is committed to providing
reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you
are interested in applying to Acumed and need special assistance or
accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Job
Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Acumed, Hillsboro , Machinist - Swiss Operator (Swing Shift), Other , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!