EUV Technical Support Engineer
Posted on: November 22, 2022
LocationHillsboro - OR, USTeamCustomer supportExperience0-2
yearsDegreeAssociateJob CategoryOther job categoriesTravel30%
Introduction to the jobASML US brings together the most creative
minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines
that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient
microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these
advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world's leading
chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of
their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful
consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the
Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United
States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and
San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro,
Oregon.The Customer Support Organization is responsible for the
installation, qualification, repair and maintenance of the ASML
systems at customer site and is responsible for the necessary
transfer of know-how to the customer. Local site Customer Support
branches perform qualification, repair and maintenance for the
customers within the specific region.The mission of this position
is to drive the performance and maintain an overview and road map
for scanner and source subsystems at customer site. The holder of
this position reports to the EUV Group Leader and provides indirect
and direct support to customers, and direct escalation and
competency support to operations.This position requires access to
controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration
Regulations (15 C.F.R. - 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must
be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to
beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with
candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled
technology.Role and responsibilitiesThe EUV 24x7 engineer will work
with the Fab team engineers, Competency Engineers, and Global
Support Center to drive issue resolution, and provide escalation
support. The EUV 24x7 engineer will work with Competency Engineers
to provide action plans, incident review and prevention packages,
and best known methods.Your main responsibilities:
- Continuity between the competencies to ensure issue ownership
is landed and escalated appropriately.
- Maintain service order documentation up to date.
- Ensure aftercare is performed and adequate.
- Coordinate with the various competencies to resolve
- Drive escalation of issues within the local office and
utilizing non-local resources.
- Provide 24/7 support to 1st line engineers.
- Knowledge transfers to local site engineers and customer.
- Improve service mix and structural issue documentation
including initiation, review and improvement rollout.
Education and experience
- BS engineering degree or equivalent experience.
- Engineers with greater than 5 years' experience in a CS support
department for high tech products.
- Engineers with at least 3 years of ASML micro-lithography
system experience preferred.
- Previous experience mentoring new hire engineers & helping
integrate from a technical and procedural perspective.
- Proficient in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Verbal and written language skills in English.SkillsWorking at
the cutting edge of tech, you'll always have new challenges and new
problems to solve - and working together is the only way to do
that. You won't work in a silo. Instead, you'll be part of a
creative, dynamic work environment where you'll collaborate with
supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and
unique points of view. You'll have the flexibility and trust to
choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.To thrive in
this job, you'll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact
with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, documents
and engineering drawings.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction
through prioritization, quality, efficiency and
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and
high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding
environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on
assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working
relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the
- Must take ownership for solving issues and ensures escalations
- Take proactive action for prevention or repeating error.
- Capable of resolving most issues without assistance & highly
independent in a shift position.
- Ability to make decisions in the priority of problem
- Work unsupervised and be responsible for projects, track
equipment performance and prepare technical reports.
- Take initiative and ownership to increase skill and knowledge
level in team.
- Document knowledge systematically and in an accessible
- Clear and effective communication skills required.
- Ability to thrive in a very dynamic and high pace
- Multi-task team player with good ability to work under
different working environment pressures.
- Open for cultural differences and able to work with a site of
different cultures and WOW.
- Motivated, pro-active, self-driven, and flexible.
- Strong customer focus.Diversity & InclusionASML is an Equal
Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a
diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to
recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran
status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We
recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the
success of our company.Other informationRole within
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to
keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist,
reach, and stretch.
- Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Keywords: ASML, Hillsboro , EUV Technical Support Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!