Technical Support Engineer
Posted on: May 11, 2022
IntroductionASML US brings together the most creative minds in
science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key
to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We
design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced
machines, which enable our customers - the world's leading
chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of
their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful
consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the
Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United
States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and
San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro,
Oregon.Job MissionThis position requires access to controlled
technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15
C.F.R. - 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally
authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning
work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates
who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.Job
DescriptionThis position varies Monday/Friday - 8am to 5pm or 12
hour shifts, days only.eBeam (HMI) Technical Support Engineer - UIR
and Remote Support:
- Install, De-Install and Upgrade equipment at customer
locations.Via either supporting the local team, or owning the
action from initiation through the end of HW qualification, as all
as supporting through applications qualification if any HW issues
- Support Small Site in performing complex service actions and
- Provide focused training via OTJ for complex events, helping to
up-skill local teams on specialized actions.
- Evaluate and diagnose problems remotely, providing action plans
to other regions/teams as needed.
- Advise users of appropriate actions to correct malfunctions and
may recommend changes in user procedures.
- Prepare written technical reports on an independent basis.
- Provide appropriate support and assistance to less experienced
ASML personnel as necessary.
- High level of interaction with third line (ASML Head Quarters,
GSC/IE/D&E) and questions progress on issues.30% travel
- International - Taiwan, Japan, Korea, China
- Domestic - Oregon, California, New York, Texas, Utah,
IdahoEducationBSEE, BSME, or equivalent experience.Experience
- 0-2 years working experience.
- Knowledge of semiconductor industry, vacuum system, or SEM is
- Capable of resolving most issues without assistance & highly
independent in a regional support position.
- Ability to make decisions in the priority of problem
- Work unsupervised and be responsible for projects, track
equipment performance and prepare technical reports.
- Take initiative and ownership to increase skill and knowledge
level in team.
- Document knowledge systematically and in an accessible
- Clear and effective communication skills required.
- Ability to thrive in a very dynamic and high pace
- Multi-task team player with good ability to work under
different working environment pressures.
- Open for cultural differences and able to work with a site of
different cultures and WOW.
- Motivated, pro-active, self-driven, and flexible.
- Strong customer focus.
- Verbal and written language skills in English.Personal skills
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact
with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction
through prioritization, quality, efficiency and
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and
high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding
environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on
assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working
relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the
provided timelines.Other informationRole within
- Customer site requires ASML employees to be fully vaccinated
against COVID 19, barring an approved medical or religious
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to
keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist,
reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Keywords: ASML, Hillsboro , Technical Support Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!