ASSOCIATE MANAGER, SURGICAL SERVICES
Posted on: March 18, 2023
The Surgical Services Associate Manager is responsible for
providing support and assistance to the Manager for the daily
operations of surgical services of that center including OR,
SPU/PACU and Endoscopy. The Associate Manager reports to the
Manager of Surgical Services. The Associate Manager manages
personnel, provides safe and cost-effective care, ensures a safe
environment and supports an efficient and cooperative
interdepartmental workflow in the departments. The Associate
Manager will assume specific project accountabilities as delegated
by the Manager of Surgical Services.Essential Responsibilities:
- Effective management of unit operations: Assists the Manager to
maintain a process of identifying, evaluating and implementing cost
structure improvements to develop a basis for assessing overall
cost effectiveness in units. Undertakes appropriate planning of
same regarding effective deployment of resource allocations,
staffing/acuity system through continuous evaluation, revision and
communication (written and verbal) of unit staff matrix and
resources. Maintains effective collaborative physician/colleague
relationships to achieve financial targets.
- Personnel management: Assists Manager with recruitment and
hiring of staff. Provides leadership and direction in support of
the organization and department goals and objectives on the front
line. Conducts performance appraisals. Counsels employees and acts
on disciplinary problems. Develops and maintains staffing patterns
for the units. Assists in the coordination and leadership with the
Manager of Surgical Services in leading staff and UBT
- Monitors compliance of staff with employees requirements.
- Quality assurance/improvement: Develops and updates policies,
procedures and standards of care for the units and monitors
compliance with those standards. Supervises and assists in the
delivery of patient care. Develops and achieves departmental goals
and objectives in support of Surgical Services. Coordinates
inter-departmental and intra-departmental problem resolution.
Serves as a resource to other departments in area of
- Assists in maintains compliance with regulatory standards:
Prepares for local and inter-regional survey.
- Develops orientation plans for new hires to unit.
- Assists in coordination of in-service for all surgical
- Works with educator to develop and mentors preceptors.
- Develops work plans as necessary.
- Assists in coordination of training/in-service on all new
equipment or new procedures for surgical services.
- Works with educator to plans annually competencies and
coordinates annual competencies for all areas of
- Performs other duties as assigned.Basic
- Minimum three (3) years of RN clinical experience in OR and/or
PACU, L&D, CVL, GI.
- Minimum two (2) years of demonstrated staff leadership or
advance nursing practice role.--Education
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required.--License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Nurse License (in the state where care is provided)
- Basic Life Support--Additional Requirements:
- N/A--Preferred Qualifications:
- Minimum five (5) years of demonstrated knowledge in Surgical
Services area of clinical experience.
- Previous leadership experience.
- Bachelors degree in nursing or related field.
- CNORJob Schedule: Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse
Keywords: Kaiser, Hillsboro , ASSOCIATE MANAGER, SURGICAL SERVICES, Healthcare , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...