RN PACU Recovery Westside - Part and Full Time Positions
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Applying to this position is the first step to obtaining an
acute care (inpatient) nursing position at one of Kaiser
Permanente's 2 hospitals in Oregon or a RN position at one of our 3
Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASC).Applying to this position begins
an external hiring process that streamlines and expedites hiring
for nurses who do not already work at Kaiser Permanente.This is
only for benefitted part-time and full-time positions; for on-call
or per diem positions please search for open opportunities on our
career website.Next Steps to Bring Your Nursing Practice to Kaiser
Permanente:1. - -Apply to this position to express interest in a
career at the medical center or ASC listed in the title of this
job2. - -After you apply, Talent Acquisition will reach out and
provide you with a link to complete a required virtual on-demand
interview that will replace the traditional interview process3. -
-The Northwest nurse hiring team will reach out via email or call
to provide you with a list of open positions4. - -When you identify
a position you are interested in being considered for, you will
communicate back the Northwest nurse hiring team5. - -The hiring
team will review and contact you6. - - -If selected, you will be
contacted by Talent Acquisition with an overview of the final steps
in the hiring process and shortly after you will receive an
electronic offer letter and be connected with the unit
managerEmployee Referral eligible Full-Time and Part-Time $4,000
*(ED, ICU, M/S, L&D, NICU, OR, SPA/PACU, Critical Care Float,
and ASC)Job Summary:Under general supervision and in collaboration
with other members of the health care team, uses clinical judgment
skills to diagnose and treat human responses to actual or potential
health problems. The RN is responsible for assessing, planning,
directing, providing and evaluation nursing care for patients and
coordinating nurses care activities with other health care
- Assessment: standard of performance: Performs accurate
multi-system assessments, including; biophysical, psychosocial,
environmental, self-care, education needs and discharge planning
needs. Identifies deviations from normal on routine lab diagnostic
tests. Reassesses patient throughout hospitalization. Performs
complete discharge assessment.
- Planning: standard of performance: Develops an individual
nursing plan of care. Nursing plan of care is sensitive to the
developmental needs of the patient. Coordinates patient care
activities and discharge planning with other hospital and clinic
departments and community agencies. Develops patient teaching plan
and documents on care plan or teaching plan. Appropriately
delegates patient care activities based on patients condition and
scope of practice of other health care providers. Established
priories for patient care. Classifies acuity level of assigned
- Implementation: standard of performance: Initiates appropriate
measures based on protocol for the management of the medical and/or
surgical patient. Bases nursing care on protocol in place for
management of each patient. Correctly carries out the physicians
plan of care. Accurately documents in the emr. Documents care
according to policy and procedure. Utilizes a multidisciplinary
approach when appropriate. Performs all necessary procedures
correctly. Utilizes available teaching plans in addressing patient
teaching needs. Accurately calculates and administers medications.
Initiates appropriate measures in emergency situations.
- Evaluation: standard of performance: Evaluates assessment
methods, plan of care, and patients response to treatment.
Participates in unit quality assurance activities.Basic
- Minimum nine (9) months of RN experience.
- Minimum two (2) to five (5) years of critical care
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.License,
- Registered Nurse License (in the state where care is
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support within 6 months of hire
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- NIH Stroke Scale Certificate within 6 months of hire
- Basic Life Support -Additional Requirements:
- Computer keyboarding skills.
- Advanced patient assessment skills.
- Able to coordinate care of up to two post anesthesia patients
at a time.
- Able to respond to crisis situations calmly and
- Able to work collaboratively with other members of the surgical
team. -Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous health care experience.
- Two (2) to five (5) years of PACU experience preferred.
- Bachelors degree in nursing or related field. -#NWRNJob
Schedule: Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Hillsboro , RN PACU Recovery Westside - Part and Full Time Positions, Healthcare , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!