Registered Nurse - Team Lead (36 hours Mt. Scott)
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Under the direction of the Clinical Coordinator, the purpose of
this position is to support the medical needs of the Health Plan
members and the other patients of the Kaiser Permanente Medical
Care Program. Under supervision, the Team Leader is delegated
authority and responsibility to manage and facilitate nursing
services within the appointed module/department/area. The nurse
provides care that is consistent with the philosophy of the Health
Care Program.Essential Responsibilities:
- Leadership Responsibilities: In collaboration with physician
leadership (PIC, Chief or lead) and the Clinic Coordinator,
determines the staffing and scheduling needs for their designated
area of responsibility. Acts in a cost conscious manner to
recommend canceling, teaming and mix alterations as fluctuations in
- Leadership Responsibilities: Assesses staff educational needs
within the Module/Department/Service and facilitates the delivery
of appropriate in-service experiences.
- Leadership Responsibilities: Develops and maintains orientation
checklist. Provides orientation for nursing and provider
- Leadership Responsibilities: Assists with the preparation of
Performance Appraisals for LPNs and unlicensed personnel in their
module/Department or service. Provides input to the Clinic
Coordinator for development of Performance Appraisals for R.N.
- Leadership Responsibilities: Collaborates with the Clinic
Coordinator in developing policies and procedures for the
- Leadership Responsibilities: Collaborates with other Team
Leaders to effectively and efficiently utilize resources in
delivering quality care to members.
- Leadership Responsibilities: Collaborates with Clinic
Coordinator in setting quality standards for nursing care.
- Leadership Responsibilities: Coordinates intra-office emergency
systems (fire, codes) with other Team Leaders and the Clinic
- Leadership Responsibilities: Coordinates patient education and
case management efforts within the module.
- Leadership Responsibilities: Works in partnership with
appropriate physician leadership to facilitate interdisciplinary
- Leadership Responsibilities: Manages access, wait lists and
referral process in partnership with provider leadership,
appointment center and Clinic Coordinator.
- Leadership Responsibilities: Performs selected monitoring
functions: A. Health and Safety, B. Quality Assurance, C.
Applicable Engineering work and repairs, D. Supplies and
- Nursing Practice: Provide and document quality patient care
utilizing the nursing process.
- Nursing Practice: Performs or appropriately delegates
independent nursing functions as defined in the Oregon and
Washington Nurse Practice Acts.
- Nursing Practice: Communicates patient needs and changes in
condition to appropriate personnel.
- Nursing Practice: Functions as a patient advocate within the
scope of a Health Maintenance Organization.
- Nursing Practice: Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment
for staff, patients and family members.
- Nursing Practice: Uses cost effective measures in the delivery
of nursing care.
- Nursing Practice: Coordinates and implements medical
- Nursing Practice: Performs skilled nursing tasks and
demonstrates operational knowledge of procedures and
- Nursing Practice: Performs triage and telephone advice
independently and within scope of the Oregon and Washington Nurse
- Nursing Practice: Coordinates activities of the
interdisciplinary team in order to ensure positive outcomes for
individual patients with complex health care needs.
- Nursing Practice: Develops nursing care plans for high risk
patients, and populations, cared for within the module.
- Nursing Practice: Identifies patient/caregiver knowledge
deficits associated with health care and/or the therapeutic regimen
and responds appropriately.Basic Qualifications: Experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of acute care or clinical setting RN
experience required; Education
- Graduate of Accredited School of nursing.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required. License, Certification, Registration
- This job requires credentials from multiple states. Credentials
from the primary work state are required before hire. Additional
Credentials from the secondary work state(s) are required post
- Registered Nurse License (Oregon) within 6 months of hire
- Registered Nurse License (Washington) within 6 months of hire
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Pediatric Advanced Emergency Assessment, Recognition and
Stabilization within 6 months of hire Additional Requirements:
- Primary Care Assignments: Must obtain and maintain PEARS
certification within 6 months of hire/transfer unless excluded per
- PEARS or PALS required within 6 months of hire/transfer for RNs
in Dept 2490 and RNs in Dept 2018 that perform propranolol
administration. Preferred Qualifications:
- Recent acute care nursing experience and demonstrated
experience in the area being posted, (i.e., allergy, peds,
medicine, etc.) preferred.Notes:
- Regional Message Management. -Travel 30%, partial remote. -Home
base will be at ESA HubJob Schedule: Job Category: Nursing Licensed
& Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Hillsboro , Registered Nurse - Team Lead (36 hours Mt. Scott), Healthcare , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!