Certified Medical Assistant - $4,000 Bonus
Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Applicants for all positions must be or become fully vaccinated
against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid medical or religious
exemptions will be considered but serial Covid-19 testing will be
required to maintain employment.
What We Offer
- Competitive pay.
- Sign-on bonus of $4,000 in first paycheck and $1,000 at 12
months of employment.
- $0 premium for full medical/dental/vision, 24/7 telemedicine,
generous paid time off, paid holidays, uniform allowance, 403b
retirement, profit-sharing plan, and more.
Performs various administrative and clinical duties under the
direct supervision of a Provider. Acts as a liaison between
patients and physicians, interacting with patients to collect data
and provide information. Works directly with healthcare Providers
to maintain patient records, collect test samples, and assist in
- Maintains patient medical records, updating patient medical
history, current status including vital signs, medical treatments
and medication provided. Reviews and updates patient immunization
- Prepares for patient visits. Reviews the patient file,
including requests for labs, referrals and correspondence. Verifies
and ensures necessary reports are present. Provides updates to
Provider team as needed.
- Collaborates with Providers to ensure efficiency of schedules
and continuity of care. Discusses patients scheduled for the day
including pre-visit prep.
- Prepares and maintains patient exam rooms, ensuring that
appropriate supplies are in the room and that necessary equipment
is present and sterilized.
- Prepares patient for examinations, explaining medical treatment
procedures as needed.
- Provides limited education and/or coaching for patients within
scope. This includes discharge information and/or responding to
follow-up questions. Instructs patients about medication and
possible allergic reactions.
- Responds to patients questions and concerns in person and via
email exchange. If the question is outside of scope, directs
inquiries to appropriate person.
- Assists physician during examinations, procedures, treatments,
and minor office surgeries.
- Anticipates Providers needs and manages Providers
- Collects and prepares laboratory specimens. Completes
screenings. Collects and reviews patient data per protocol. Follows
up on test results as directed by healthcare Providers. Documents
specimens collected and results in electronic medical record
- Prepares and administers medication as directed by a
- Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint
Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration
(HRSA), and YVFWC requirements.
- Education: Minimum of a high school diploma or General
Education Diploma (GED) that is accredited by a regional or
national accrediting agency approved by the US Department of
Education is required. Completion of one of the following:
- Graduation from a medical assisting program (may be a one-year
certificate/diploma program or a two-year Associate Degree program)
that is accredited by either the Commission on Accreditation of
Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or Accrediting Bureau of
Health Education Schools (ABHES). This program must be comprised of
at least 720 hours of medical assistant training, including at
least 160 hours in a clinical externship;
- Graduation from an apprentice program that is approved by the
- Complete at least 720 hours of Medical Assistant college
- Earn an equivalent amount of military training that is related
to medical assisting.
- Experience: One year s experience as a Certified Medical
Assistant (CMA) preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Current CPR
certification required within 90 days of hire. Certifications must
be maintained and remain current. Certified Medical Assistant
through American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA); American
Medical Technologists (AMT) Registered Medical Assistant; Certified
Clinical Medical Assistant through National Healthcareer
Association (NHA); or National Certified Medical Assistant through
National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT).
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required or Preferred: Medical
knowledge to understand the theories, reasons and technical aspects
of medicine. Strong people skills to handle different
personalities, backgrounds and personal situations. Strong
multi-tasking ability to handle the variety and pace of work. Basic
proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft
Outlook, Word, Excel, Epic and EMR.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14
dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states.
We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy,
orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening,
and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC s patient-centered model
of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter
assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS
counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for
those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work
with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful
no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse
anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
opportunity employment. Associated topics: ascp, blood collection,
lab, molecular, sample collection, scientist, technician,
technician i, technician iv, toxicology
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Hillsboro , Certified Medical Assistant - $4,000 Bonus, Healthcare , Astoria, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!