Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: June 23, 2022
10K Sign On Bonus Eligible
Under general supervision and in collaboration with other members
of the health care team, uses clinical judgment skills to diagnose
and treat human responses to actual or potential health problems.
The RN is responsible for assessing, planning, directing, providing
and evaluation nursing care for patients and coordinating nurses
care activities with other health care disciplines.
- Assessment: standard of performance: Performs accurate
multi-system assessments, including; biophysical, psychosocial,
environmental, self-care, education needs and discharge planning
needs. Identifies deviations from normal on routine lab diagnostic
tests. Reassesses patient throughout hospitalization. Performs
complete discharge assessment.
- Planning: standard of performance: Develops an individual
nursing plan of care. Nursing plan of care is sensitive to the
developmental needs of the patient. Coordinates patient care
activities and discharge planning with other hospital and clinic
departments and community agencies. Develops patient teaching plan
and documents on care plan or teaching plan. Appropriately
delegates patient care activities based on patients condition and
scope of practice of other health care providers. Established
priories for patient care. Classifies acuity level of assigned
- Implementation: standard of performance: Initiates appropriate
measures based on protocol for the management of the medical and/or
surgical patient. Bases nursing care on protocol in place for
management of each patient. Correctly carries out the physicians
plan of care. Accurately documents in the emr. Documents care
according to policy and procedure. Utilizes a multidisciplinary
approach when appropriate. Performs all necessary procedures
correctly. Utilizes available teaching plans in addressing patient
teaching needs. Accurately calculates and administers medications.
Initiates appropriate measures in emergency situations.
- Evaluation: standard of performance: Evaluates assessment
methods, plan of care, and patients response to treatment.
Participates in unit quality assurance activities.
- Performs accurate pre-operative assessments including
pre-operative checklist, operative consent, H&P, lab results
and anesthesia evaluation.
- Continuous reassessment through intra-operative
- Utilizes knowledge of procedure to plan for appropriate set
- Applies principles of aseptic technique and proper body
- Initiates and facilitates room turnovers, light housekeeping
duties, cleaning of instruments, procurement of equipment,
supplies, and PACS images.
- Restocking of unused supplies and equipment.
- Participates in pre-operative briefing, surgical time-out, and
- Minimum nine (9) months of RN experience.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience circulating in an inpatient
or ambulatory O.R. setting or passing or completion of
preceptorship program from an accredited school
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Nurse License (in the state where care is
- Basic Life Support
Computer keyboarding skills.
- Previous health care experience.
- Bachelors degree in nursing or related field.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of operating room circulating and
scrubbing experience preferred
- CNOR preferred
- ACLS preferred
- Pre-op area skills preferred
- IV start skills preferred.
PrimaryLocation : Oregon,Hillsboro,Westside Hospital
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
WorkingHoursStart : 06:45 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 05:15 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : W01-AFT-Local 5017
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Department : Westside Medical Cntr - Operating Room-1 - 1001
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Hillsboro , RN, OR, Healthcare , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!