RN - Emergency Dept.
Company: Ocean Beach Hospital and Medical Clinics
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Job DescriptionOcean Beach Hospital and Medical Clinics is
seeking a full-time Registered Nurse!The Long Beach Peninsula, in
beautiful Pacific County, is located in the very southwest corner
of Washington state. It's an easy and scenic drive from both
Portland and Seattle as well as a classic Highway 101 destination
and part of two scenic byways.Plan your trip to the Washington
Coast - Visit Long Beach PeninsulaWhy should you choose us?
- $3,000 sign-on bonus and relocation assistance available.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 200 hours of PTO in your first year.
- 8 paid holidays.
- Short term disability.
- Retirement plans with a 3% employer match after one year.
- Excellent EAP provider.
- And more!An RN Provides professional nursing care for all
patients while working as a nurse in the Emergency Room. Triaging
every patient in a timely manner to coordinate patient care in
accordance to best practices and standards of care.Type: Full-time
DaysUnion: WSNADepartment: Emergency DepartmentPerformance
- Accountable for all nursing care delivered to patients in the
emergency room during the shift.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as able
to be the team leader during traumas and codes.
- Acts as the Triage Nurse when the emergency room is not busy or
when Triage Nurse is unavailable, responding to triage calls in a
timely manner or calling for backup if unable to respond.
- Able to evaluate and assess patients during triage and assign
the appropriate level of triage per triage standards.
- Documents care given on appropriate paperwork.
- Demonstrates an understanding of emergency medicine and
prioritizing patients based on need.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess, plan, implement and
evaluate individual patient care with regards to the age of the
patient being served by demonstrating knowledge of the principles
of growth and development across the age continuum.
- Provides patient privacy, exercises discretion, and assures
confidentiality at all times while dealing with patients and their
- Acts as a patient advocate as necessary to facilitate
healthcare goals by reviewing, understanding, and communicating
patient needs, weakness and strengths to those involved in the
patient's care i.e. providers, nurses, family, therapist, etc.
- Communicates both verbally and in writing significant positive
and negative changes in the patient's condition, plan of care,
interventions, and outcomes.
- Understands and implements the principles of patient education.
Communicates patient discharge instructions using terms that are
clearly understood by the patient and/or family.
- Provides a safety-conscious environment for patients, co-works,
and visitors, and maintains good housekeeping practices
- Takes part in the development of and maintains established
hospital policies, procedures, quality improvement safety,
environmental and infection control programs.
- Responds to Codes per code policy.
- Attends mandatory departmental or hospital-wide meetings and
- Completes all assigned education in a timely manner.
- Facilitates orientation of new employees or precepting role for
new graduates as needed.
- Is aware of own responsibilities professionally, ethically, and
legally (i.e. knowledge of Nurse Practice Act).
- Contributes to a culture of Patient-Centered Care
- Contributes to a safe work environment
- Demonstrates a commitment to the team and serves as a mentor to
- Performs duties as required or assigned.
- Regular and punctual attendance required.
- Must be able to respond to emergencies.The ideal candidate will
have the following:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Currently licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the
state of Washington
- ACLS Certified
- PALS Certified preferred. PERS required.
- TEAM or TNCC Certified
- Healthcare Provider CPR
- One year hospital or triage experience
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Ability to be flexible and to work well under pressure
- Good Verbal and written communication skills
- Sound nursing knowledge and assessment skillsIf this sounds
like you, we would love to chat!
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Ocean Beach Hospital and Medical Clinics, Hillsboro , RN - Emergency Dept., Healthcare , Ilwaco, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!