Certified Nursing Assistant 1 (CNA1) - 62501
Company: Hillsboro Medical Center
Posted on: May 7, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY:*** $2,000 sign on bonus ***
CNA I assists with the nursing care of patients. Provides comfort
services and assistance with activities of daily living. Under
supervision and directed by the RN or LPN.
Performed majority of the time:
Assists with ambulation, lifting, and transferring patients from
stretcher to bed, bed to wheelchair.
- Provides skin care to prevent skin breakdown.
- Collects specimens
- Measures intake and output and percent of food consumed.
- Records vital signs, weight and ADL's.
- Applies binders, ace bandages, non-sterile compresses.
- Applies vaginal pads.
- Applies Aqua-K pads, ice bags, and collars.
- Provides appropriate bowel care, including enema administration
and ostomy care.
- Provides post-mortem care.
- Discharges and transfers patients, assists in admissions.
- Provides catheter care and peri-care.
- Assists with sterile dressing changes and application of cast.
- Prepares patient for surgery.
- Performs range of motion and patient positioning techniques, as
- Changes bed linens.
- Assists patient with personal hygiene, grooming, dressing.
- Performs personal services such as operating TV, radio and
recreational therapy projects.
- Assists with transportation of patients, supplies, etc. as
- Performs BLS or other duties in an emergency situation as
directed by licensed staff.
- After appropriate training and competency verification, may be
assigned these additional tasks as defined by OAR 851-060-0930 and
specifically designated by the director of nursing to the unit to
which the CAN I is assigned.o Tasks associated with communication
and interpersonal skills.o Utilizing de-escalation techniques.o
Assisting with coughing and deep breathing.o Handling and disposal
of hazardous wastes.o Handling of contaminated materials.o
Implementing precautions associated with communicable and
infectious diseases.o Using lifts and safe client handling
devices.o Turning oxygen on and off or transferring oxygen between
wall and tank at pre-established flow rate for stable clients.o
Performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation.o Change simple,
nonsterile dressings using aseptic technique when no wound
debridement or packing is involved.o Suction oral pharynx.o
Administer douches.o Insert OTC suppositories for bowel care.o
Insert OTC vaginal suppositories and vaginal cream.o Clean ostomy
site and change dressings or appliances for established, nonacute
ostomies.o Apply topical OTC creams and ointments for prophylactic
treatment of skin conditions.o Attach and detach established pulse
- Documents on graphic record, fluid balance record and nursing
record when appropriate.
- Provides care appropriate to the age of patients served infant,
pediatric, adolescent, adult patients based on principles of growth
and development and life stages, and according to their culture,
ethnicity, and belief systems, as directed by the RN, LPN,
Supervisor, or Director of Nursing.
- Reports changes and unexpected findings in patient condition to
- Motivates and assists patients to eat and take fluids.
- Provides patients and family members with effective
encouragement and support.
- Assists, supports and acknowledges other team members.
Performed occasionally but critical to successful performance of
Participates in staff development activities for the unit.
- Participates in Quality Improvement process to help make
decisions that focus on the customer and are best for the
Decision making and budget responsibilities:
Impacted limited to the employee and the wellbeing of the
JOB SPECIFICATIONS:JOB SPECIFICATIONS
High school diploma or equivalent.
- A copy of your highest academic diploma or transcript.
- Six (6) months experience in skilled nursing facility or
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations:
CNA Level 1 certification required upon hire.
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS preferred
upon hire, and required within 90 days of hire.o If not American
Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certified upon hire, must
have current BLS certification through another provider.
Job Related Skills, Abilities and Behaviors:
Able to develop skills in use of computerized hospital
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills.
- Utilizes effective verbal communication skills.
- Functions effectively in stressful situations.
- Demonstrates skills in caring for neonatal, pediatric,
adolescent, adult and geriatric patients in a knowledgeable,
skillful and consistent manner.
- Personal appearance makes a good first impression.
- Demonstrates confidentiality regarding patient and co-worker
- Respects and advocates for patients/significant others rights.
- Prioritizes and completes multiple assigned tasks.
- Requests assistance or additional explanation when needed.
- Follows directions accurately and completely.
- Formulates and uses effective working relationships with all
health care team members, patients and significant others.
- Utilizes appropriate problem solving methods to deal with
Bilingual skills a plus.
#Tier1Additional Posting Information: Hillsboro Medical Center
believes in providing equal employment opportunities for all
qualified individuals. Recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers,
working conditions, training, and compensation will be based on
qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, age, creed, national
origin, marital status, family relationship, veteran status,
genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other
status or characteristic protected by applicable law. We further
commit ourselves to continuing the practical application of this
policy in our daily business conduct.
Keywords: Hillsboro Medical Center, Hillsboro , Certified Nursing Assistant 1 (CNA1) - 62501, Healthcare , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!