Dental Assistant, EFDA - Arrow Dental (Astoria, Or
Company: Arrow Dental
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Job DescriptionAt Arrow Dental we're passionate about helping
you on your journey to be better. We are currently seeking a
full-time Dental Assistant in our Dental Clinic located in Astoria,
Oregon. This position will assist the dentist in providing dental
treatment. Supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment
room, patient, instruments, and materials; passing instruments and
materials; performing procedures in compliance with the dental
practice act. This position is eligible for a $3,000 sign-on
bonus.Clinic hours Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pmArrow Dental, a
Moda Health subsidiary, primarily serves Medicaid patients. This is
to help the community with the large population of Medicaid members
that became Medicaid eligible due to the Affordable Care Act.
- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed
procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting,
seating and draping patient
- Provides information to patients and employees by answering
questions and requests.
- Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering
instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for
dentist's access; suctioning; passing instruments.
- Provides diagnostic information by exposing radiograph studies;
pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts.
- Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by
fabricating temporary restorations; cleaning and polishing
- Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by
maintaining CPR certifications, emergency drugs and oxygen supply,
and directory of emergency numbers.
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene and plaque control
instructions and postoperative instructions.
- Documents dental hygiene services by charting in patient
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to
infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive
maintenance requirement; following manufacturer's instructions;
troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining
equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to
determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing
and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of
- Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as
needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Other duties as assigned.If you're ready to make a difference
that matters, we want to hear from you. Because it's time to
discover what's possible. Together, we can be more. We can be
better. Arrow Dental seeks to allow equal employment opportunities
for all qualified persons without regard to race, religion, color,
age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status,
disability, veteran status or any other status protected by
law.Arrow Dental values diversity and inclusion in our workplace.
We aim to demonstrate our commitment to diversity through all our
business practices and invite applications from candidates that
share our commitment to this diversity. Our diverse experiences and
perspectives help us become a stronger organization. Let's be
Keywords: Arrow Dental, Hillsboro , Dental Assistant, EFDA - Arrow Dental (Astoria, Or, Healthcare , Astoria, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!