Supplier Decarbonization Manager
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: February 11, 2024
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will
do meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale!
Join over 130,000 colleagues who bring our Mission to life every
single day to enable our customers to make the world healthier,
cleaner and safer. You will find the resources here to achieve your
career goals and help take science a step beyond by developing
solutions for some of the world's toughest challenges.
How will you make an impact?
The Supplier Decarbonization Manager will be part of the Global
Sustainability team focused on our global effort to make the world
healthier, cleaner, and safer by improving practices in our
operations, products, and supply chain. This role will be an
integral part of the Supplier Responsibility team and focus on
working with key suppliers to communicate expectations on
sustainability and decarbonization, track supplier participation to
sustainability requirements, and collaborate with global
procurement and business colleagues to integrate sustainability
into supply chain decision making.
What will you do?
- Become a change agent supporting our environmental
sustainability commitment. Working with the business, procurement,
and R&D to set strategy on supplier selection.
- Work closely with global procurement/R&D to engage key
suppliers in support of Thermo Fisher's net zero goals and Scope 3
emissions reduction ambitions.
- Work with the supplier to identify projects to decarbonize the
- Schedule, and lead supplier meetings and other engagements,
participate in supplier events, and manage achievement of resulting
- Communicate and educate suppliers on greenhouse gas emissions
topics including carbon foot printing and GHG emissions baselining,
science-based target setting, sharing of emissions data, and
decarbonization road mapping
- In collaboration with global procurement/supply chain,
negotiate with suppliers to define timelines and milestones for
meeting Thermo Fisher expectations. Where necessary, work with the
business/procurement on a withdrawal plan if science based targets
commitments are not forthcoming.
- Support the development, execution, and distribution of content
related to decarbonization such as supplier toolkits, FAQ's,
- Own and assess data to ensure high data quality
- Taking direction from Supplier Climate Engagement Sr. Manager,
track all actions and KPIs to record and report support of net-zero
- Drive supplier adoption of digital solutions used to manage
supplier engagement and emissions data sharing
- Identify and communicate trends in supplier discussions to
incorporate into future program planning
- Tracks and monitors timely completion of action items and
customer projects, plan vs. actual and report that progress as
- Contributes updates to overall strategic plans, achievements,
- Detects, calls out and facilitates issue resolution and/or
appropriate partner concern and address customer risks
- Finds opportunities to drive continuous improvement
- Supports data analysis to drive action against objectives
- Proficiency in Powerpoint, Smartsheet and Excel
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's degree required. Business, or Environmental Sciences
- 7+ years of work experience
- Experience in engaging with suppliers, R&D and procurement
- Background in life sciences, biotech, pharma, and/or
sustainability consulting preferred
- Proven passion for environmental sustainability; solid
understanding of environmental sustainability preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated
ability to connect with new stakeholders and drive mutually
- Strong project management experience - attention to and
appreciation for detail required
- Proven track record to collaborate across teams with
outstanding capability to follow-up and follow-through
- Skilled relationship manager, foster and improve relationships
with key suppliers and recommend ways of improving supplier
- Ability to work independently, within a team, and
collaboratively across teams in a matrixed organization
- Excels in a constantly evolving environment with ability to
handle change effectively and frequently
We offer competitive remuneration, an annual incentive plan bonus
scheme, healthcare, company pension, and a range of employee
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers employment with an innovative,
forward-thinking organization, and outstanding career and
development prospects. We offer an exciting company culture that
stands for integrity, intensity, involvement, and innovation."
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive
other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Hillsboro , Supplier Decarbonization Manager, Executive , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!