Project Manager, Advanced Industries
Company: J. E. Dunn Construction Group
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Best People + Right Culture. These are the driving forces behind
JE Dunn's success.
By hiring inspired people, giving them interesting and challenging
work, enabling them with innovative tools, and letting them share
in the company's rewards, we've found a sustainable way to grow in
our industry for the last 95+ years.
Our diverse teams around the country strive to enrich lives through
inspired people and places every day, and we need inspired people
like you to join us in our pursuit of building perfection.
The Project Manager will provide overall direction and leadership
for an entire project or a portion of a larger, more complex
project in concert with the Project Superintendent. This position
will fully implement and manage the operation and administration of
the project. Builds and maintains lasting relationships with
clients, design teams and subcontractors. All activities will be
performed in support of the strategy, vision and values of JE
Key Role Responsibilities - Core
PROJECT MANAGEMENT FAMILY - CORE
- Leads all aspects of the company's safety culture and creates
awareness by demonstrating commitment to an injury-free environment
through individual actions and mentoring others. Investigates
safety incidents and retrains staff and needed.
- Manages the JE Dunn prestart process.
- Supports the preconstruction team including quantity takeoff,
trade coordination and scope of work development, scope review, bid
package development, schedule development, bid list creation and
- Leads plan and implementation of buyout schedule. Verifies
pricing and scope, identifies successful bidders, provides gap
analysis against initial scope and manages issuance of
- Manages the submittal schedule set-up. Coordinates priorities
with the team; reviews and approves all shop drawings and samples
prior to submittal to architects or engineers.
- Ensures approved submittals are returned to subcontractors and
available to project team per the project schedule and the
- Coordinates with Logistics to obtain pricing on materials and
- Confers with risk management to ensure approval and/or bonding
requirements for subcontractors. Reviews decisions with project
leader. Provides ongoing risk analysis of subcontractors throughout
- Coordinates the various stakeholders of the project including
but not limited to subcontractors, owner, field, design team,
- Disseminates change requests to subcontractors for pricing and
schedule input. Gathers and evaluates subcontractor pricing to
- Prepares, submits and obtains owner/architect approval for
- Leads various meetings such as monthly project reviews,
progress meetings and OAC (Owner Architect) meetings.
- Completes monthly subcontractor and owner pay application
- Prepares project schedule with the Project Superintendent.
Gathers input from project team and utilizes Lean principles as
appropriate. Develops and updates project schedule for both
preconstruction and construction activities. Manages materials,
labor and procurement logs to ensure appropriate resources are
available to meet the project schedule.
- Identifies potential schedule impacts including scope, weather,
manpower and changes, and facilitates mitigation plans for these
- Provides appropriate written documentation for decisions
affecting various aspects of the project such as budget, schedule,
legal, quality and/or safety. Employs current best practices for
- Provides a variety of regular reporting and analysis to project
team(s) to communicate overall project status and
- Prepares monthly cost and margin forecast with input from
superintendent and reviews with the project team. Participates in
the development of the project budget. Regularly reviews costs
relative to the budget and highlights discrepancies to enable
improved financial performance.
- Leads overall project closeout process using best practice
standards, tools and processes such as the close-out punch list,
financials, sub contracts, warranties, etc.
- Interfaces with region/company legal counsel as appropriate.
Key Role Responsibilities - Additional Core
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a
- Communication skills, verbal and written (Intermediate).
- Ability to conduct effective presentations.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Intermediate).
- Ability to apply fundamentals of the means and methods of
construction management to projects.
- Thorough knowledge of project processes and how each supports
the successful completion of a project.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team,
internally and externally.
- Proficiency in project management and accounting software
- Proficiency in required construction technology
- Proficiency in scheduling software (Advanced).
- Ability to apply Lean process and philosophy
- Ability to manage budgets, maximize profitability and generate
future work through building relationships.
- Ability to build relationships with team members that transcend
a project. Education
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering or
- In lieu of the above requirements, equivalent relevant
experience will be considered. Experience
- 5+ years construction management experience. Working
- Valid and unrestricted drivers license required
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
- May require periods of travel and/or relocation
- Must be willing to work non-traditional hours to meet project
- May be exposed to extreme conditions (hot or cold)
- Assignment location may include project sites and/or in the
- Frequent activity: Sitting, Viewing Computer Screen
- Occasional activity: Standing, Walking, Bending, Climbing,
Reaching above Shoulder, Pushing, Pulling At JE Dunn, our approach
to benefits means caring for the whole person, and it begins with a
comprehensive benefits program that meets families' needs. We offer
competitive and award-winning benefit packages including medical,
dental, vision, 401(K) and Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
JE Dunn Construction is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity
to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability,
pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected
category. JE Dunn Construction is a background screening, drug-free
JE Dunn provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals
with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable
accommodation in order to apply for a job, please submit your
request to firstname.lastname@example.org
JE Dunn Construction Company does not accept unsolicited resumes
from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee
of JE Dunn Construction without a prior written search agreement
will be considered unsolicited and the property of JE Dunn
Construction Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Why People Work Here
At JE Dunn we offer our employees an inspired place to enrich their
life and the lives of those around them
Building on our rich history, our employee owners are shaping the
future of JE Dunn. In our team-focused environment we do life
together and are generously rewarded for our efforts
About JE Dunn
Founded in 1924, JE Dunn Construction
is a family and employee-owned general contractor with expertise in
construction management services, design-build, and integrated
project delivery. We deliver transformational solutions to our
clients with certainty of results in our pursuit of building
- 95+ Years of Construction Experience
- 25 Office Locations
- Annual revenues in excess of $4 billion
- Consistently ranked Top 25 of the 400 largest general
contractors nationwide by Engineering News-Record
- Consistently ranked Top 15 for domestic building by Engineering
- 2500+ Employee Owners work at JE Dunn
Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal
JE Dunn participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility
E-Verify Participation (English and Spanish)
Right to Work (English)
Right to Work (Spanish)
Keywords: J. E. Dunn Construction Group, Hillsboro , Project Manager, Advanced Industries, Executive , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...