RN Inpatient Care Manager Westside - Part and Full Time Positions
Posted on: March 12, 2023
#LI-DP1Inpatient Care Managers are Registered Nurses who
independently assure patients are admitted to the correct level of
care for accurate billing and reimbursement, provide quality, cost
effective clinical coordination/care management in acute care and
emergency care settings, manage patients with routine and complex
transition planning needs by independently assessing needs,
developing, and implementing plans of care for transitions across
care settings. Inpatient Care Manager also serve as expert
consultants and educators for physicians and other health care team
members for discharge and transitional care, coordination of
internal and community resources, and support the evaluation and
improvement of systems of care to support the optimal utilization
of health care resources, while maintaining quality of patient
care. The Inpatient Care Manager assumes primary accountability for
anticipating, assessing, developing, implementing, documenting,
advising, and communicating a safe transition plan of care for
patients with complex care needs.Essential Responsibilities:
- Coordinates post-discharge patient care needs to assure the
timely and effective discharge of routine and complex patients from
the hospital setting.
- Independently and proactively completes and documents patient
assessments which are thorough, timely, age appropriate, and
reflect psychosocial support systems, care needs, health plan
benefits, level of care determinations for hospitalized
- Coordinates and communicates with patients, families, and the
health care team to develop mutually agreeable plans of care that
optimize the use of resources to support the particular needs of
- Facilitates resolution of issues which present barriers to safe
transfers through the use of patient/team care conferences to
assure the efficient transition to a lower level of care and to
assure the patient/family receives the right care at the right time
so that quality and utilization of resources are simultaneously
- Ensures systematic and ongoing contact with interdisciplinary
staff and continuing care services to assure the safe transition of
patients across care settings.
- In collaboration with the interdisciplinary health care team,
ensures regulatory and compliance standards are met.
- Perform duties as requested.Applying to this position is the
first step to obtaining a RN Inpatient Care Management --position
at one of Kaiser Permanente's 2 premier hospitals in OregonApplying
to this position begins an external hiring process that streamlines
and expedites hiring for nurses who do not already work at Kaiser
Permanente.This is only for benefitted part-time and full-time
positions; for on-call or per diem positions please search for open
opportunities on our career website.Next Steps to Bring Your
Nursing Practice to Kaiser Permanente:
- Apply to this position to express interest in an opening in
nurse care management/care coordination.After you apply, Talent
Acquisition will reach out and provide you with a link to complete
a required virtual on-demand interview that will replace the
traditional interview process.The Northwest nurse hiring team will
reach out via email or call you to support finding the best fit of
open positions available.When you identify the position(s) you are
interested in being considered for, you will respond to the
Northwest nurse hiring team that information and any pertinent
details or questions.The hiring team will review and contact you.If
selected, you will be contacted by Talent Acquisition with an
overview of the final steps in the hiring process and shortly after
you will receive an electronic offer letter and be connected with
the unit manager--Basic Qualifications:--Experience
- Minimum of two years combined RN experience in the following
- Med/Surg (hospital acute care)
- ICU (hospital acute care)
- Emergency Department
- Home Health
- Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Long Term Acute Care
- Inpatient Rehab
- Utilization Management--Education
- Successful completion of an RN program by date of hire.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required.--License, Certification, Registration
- This job requires credentials from multiple states. Credentials
from the primary work state are required before hire. Additional
Credentials from the secondary work state(s) are required post
- Registered Nurse License (Oregon) within 6 months of hire
- Registered Nurse License (Washington) within 6 months of hire
- Basic Life Support within 3 months of hire--Additional
- Demonstrated ability to interrelate with physicians, nurses,
support staff, and patients in interdisciplinary approach.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and work as a
constant patient advocate.
- Basic physical, psychosocial, functional assessment
- Familiar with care process related to discharge and
transitional facilities and services.
- Thorough knowledge of principles of teaching and delegation,
assessment skills and care planning, and appropriate
- utilization of acute hospital, long-term care, and home care
- Able to develop concise and thorough documentation of patient
clinical assessment and care needs.
- Highly effective problem solving, written and verbal
communication, customer service, organizational and time
- management skills.
- Ability to effectively provide culturally competent care.
- Ability to navigate conflict in high pressure situations.
- Ability to use fixed and mobile technological
- BSN or bachelors degree and MSN.
- Certified in Case Management.
- Knowledge of appropriate utilization of acute hospital and
Kaiser Permanente internal resources.
- Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulations related to
eligibility requirements: hospital, nursing facilities, home
- health, hospice, and Durable Medical Equipment (DME).
- Knowledge of utilization management principles and tools.
- Demonstrated clinical judgment and customer-focused service
- Knowledge of principles of patient teaching, disease prevention
measures, and physical assessment as it relates to the
- needs of patient and the next level of care.Job Schedule: Job
Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Hillsboro , RN Inpatient Care Manager Westside - Part and Full Time Positions, Executive , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...