Project Manager (Eng)
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Project Manager (Eng)
You don't have to be an employee long before you understand the
SSOE difference. It goes back to our history of reinventing
ourselves for new markets, serious rates of growth year after year,
and being ahead of the curve in technology. Those are the
achievements of a company that rewards talent and effort in ways
that mean the most to the individual. When you work at SSOE, you
work with the best and you're a part of something bigger than
yourself. And providing the best possible workplace for our
employees gives us a competitive advantage - helping us attract and
retain top talent and drive better business results.
The following duties are typical of the position, but are not all
encompassing. Responsibilities include those required to deliver
quality service on schedule and within budget in a team
- Coordinates single or multi discipline
projects of small to medium size.
- Directly accountable for adherence to timetable and financial
success of the project.
- Preparation of fee proposals.
- Establishes project scope of work in coordination with
Discipline Captains and Department Managers including: planning of
work, design concepts/design direction, determining discipline type
and amount of tasks to be performed, communicates to DM staff
capabilities to fit specific project needs.
- Prepares the plan, establishes control procedures, monitors
progress, and takes corrective action as may be required.
- Prepares project budget and work schedule to serve as a
"measuring stick" of progress.
- Follows established procedures to effectively administer
project (i.e., construction cost estimating, correspondence,
document control, etc.).
- Contracts for outside consultants/services as needed.
- Communicates client requirements to each discipline.
- Coordinates meetings and establishes all paper flow and
document control with client, contractors, regulatory agencies and
- Monitors progress of project and reviews work
- Reviews and approves client billings.
- Participates in client contact and business development
- Responsible for the collection of past due amounts with
assistance from the PIC or accounting as needed.
- May assist in the training or mentoring of other Project
Managers to familiarize them with SSOE or the client specific
- Follows established change management procedures to document
and receive authorization for project change orders in a timely
- May travel to other SSOE facilities and/or client locations for
coordination purposes or to provide training.
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Engineering preferred or any
equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the
required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Registration, including CAPM or PMP Certification,
- Three (3) to Five (5) years experience, in design and
construction industry, with at least two (2) years in Project
Management; three (3) years seimiconductor / microelectronics
experience or two (2) years of Tool Installation experience.
- Ability to effectively manage the financial aspects of a
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
Keywords: SSOE, Hillsboro , Project Manager (Eng), Executive , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!