Memory Sourcing Director
Company: Intel GmbH
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Job ID: JR0189468 Job Category: Engineering Management Primary
Location: Hillsboro, OR US Other Locations: US, Arizona,
Phoenix;US, California, Santa Clara Job Type: Experienced Hire
Memory Sourcing DirectorJob Description
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the leadership team
within Intel's Global Supply Chain Operations (GSCO) team,
developing and driving the execution of industry-leading supply
chain solutions for many of Intel's highest growth market
The GSCO organization focuses on developing and executing sourcing
strategies which provide Intel with a competitive advantage by
maintaining appropriate tension and balance between cost, quality,
availability, technology, and sustainability.
The Memory Strategic Sourcing (MSS) team within GSCO is responsible
for managing the supply chain enablement for DRAM, SSD/NAND and
various in-package custom memory solutions for both our Intel
assembly package roadmaps along with those of our business unit
partners leveraging external contract manufacturers to support
client and data center market segments. This team manages a broad
supplier ecosystem including all of the major Tier 1 memory
As the Director of the MSS team you will be responsible for but not
- Developing, maintaining and maturing strategic sourcing
partnerships with key memory providers across the ecosystem
- Enabling critical partner memory roadmaps to accelerate
- Leveraging market intelligence to identify memory technology
solutions to support Intel's roadmap.
- Monitoring memory industry development and adoption of new
technologies by competition.
- Improving the memory business acumen across both the MSS team
and partner organizations
- Aligning key stakeholders from partner organizations on
proactive sourcing and supplier development strategies.
- Managing and providing oversight of key projects with
responsibility for tracking technology development and schedule
requirements. Create/track/adjust program schedules
- Leading a global team and engaging across multiple
organizations that are directly tied to the development,
implementation of new memory technologies.
- Exercising judgment and discretion to develop solutions, remove
obstacles and redefine approaches.
- Overseeing the identification of tasks and research,
dependencies, costs; communicating expectations to core team
- Assessing risks and identifying solutions to achieve program
- Ensuring appropriate progress against schedule and taking
remedial action as appropriate.
- Prioritizing utilization of resources with other
- Influencing business unit or cross-organizational strategies
relevant to program goals.
- The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral
- Demonstrated capacity to address complex problems through
- Communication skills and is willing to take complex topics and
concepts and synthesize them as appropriate for effective
consumption by a wide range of individuals from engineering level
to executive level.
- Highly collaborative such that can effectively drive
stakeholders to win results for Intel.
- Skills to excel in leading in a matrix development
- High tolerance to ambiguity, skills to efficiently define
concrete strategies and plans in such an environment.
- Executes toward results with focus and a sense of urgency.
- H ighly motivated individual with a can-do attitude,
willingness to take informed risks to achieve desired team
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially
considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in
addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus
factor in identifying top candidates.
Candidate must possess a Master's Degree or Ph.D. in Mechanical
Engineering, Materials Science, Physics, Electrical, Computer
Engineering, or related degree with a focus on microelectronics,
electronic package, or semiconductors.
- 15+ years of semiconductor technology experience
- 7+ years' experience as a second-line manager working with
- 5 years of direct component sourcing experience with a strong
focus on both commercial and engineering deliverables.
- MBA or equivalent business/commercial background
- Technical understanding of memory hierarchies and design
constraints around architecting embedded platforms based on
microprocessors, FPGAs, memories, and storage products.
- Strong command over and familiarity with Intel product roadmap
and ability to map and drive market trends to Intel's needs.
- Ability to apply structured problem solving and system thinking
to drive and solve high-impact and at-scale engineering problems
within Intel's memory engineering ecosystem.
- Supplier management experience.
-Experience working on new product introductions, in assembly, test
or validation.Knowledge in:
- Budget planning.
- Supply chain business processes.
- NPI development process.
- Leading multi-cultural globally distributed teams.
- Project management.
- Assembly, test manufacturing processes and platform
engineering.Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make
every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from
semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield
improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world
class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the
-Technology Development and Manufacturing Group -are part of a
worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and
assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of
Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on
US, Arizona, Phoenix;US, California, Santa Clara
Intel Corporation will require all new U.S. employees to be
fully-vaccinated for Covid-19 as a condition of hire unless they
have an approved accommodation in place under applicable law.
Newly-hired employees will be required to provide proof of
vaccination prior to their start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex,
national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability,
medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran
status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression,
gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic
protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Position of Trust
This role is a Position of Trust. Should you accept this position,
you must consent to and pass an extended Background Investigation,
which includes (subject to country law), extended education, SEC
sanctions, and additional criminal and civil checks. For internals,
this investigation may or may not be completed prior to starting
the position. For additional questions, please contact your
Keywords: Intel GmbH, Hillsboro , Memory Sourcing Director, Executive , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!