Sr Account Manager
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: April 5, 2021
COVID-19 Update: To keep our candidates, colleagues and other
visitors--safe, we're making changes to our interview and hiring
process. Learn more When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher
Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in
finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure
our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll
be supported in achieving your career goals. Job Description When
you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do
important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer,
protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your
work will have a real-world impact, and you'll be supported in
achieving your career goals. Location/Division Specific Information
The Material and Structural Analysis Division designs,
manu--factures, and supports the broadest range of high-performance
microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-,
nano-, and picometer scales. Combining hardware and software
expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep
application knowledge in the materials science, life sci--ences
markets, the worldwide team is dedicated to customers' pursuit of
discovery and resolution to global challenges. This is covering the
US base Key biopharma accounts How will you make an impact?
- The Account Manager is responsible for managing sales/account
management activities for all assigned locations
- Defining and driving sales strategies
- Providing leadership to subordinates and ensuring the
achievement of bookings, revenue, and business goals. What will you
- Own all sales/ account management responsibilities of specified
Thermo Fisher products to all sites including resolving any
- Define, align and implement Account Strategy for the Cell and
Structural Biology markets.
- Understand all budget issues at each customer and take
- Confirm all system configurations, specifications and
acceptance conditions are appropriate for closing orders.
- Manage all User Group activity by product as required.
- Manage system demonstrations by working closely with
application engineers and product marketing managers.
- Manage the sales booking process.
- Manage product issues in the field by working closely with the
Account service group and application engineers for solutions.
- Work with Service to achieve excellent customer satisfaction
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's Degree; a scientific focus such as Cell and
Structural Biology preferred Experience
- 5 plus years of sales experience in a related technical product
area Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Highly developed negotiation skills for customer interaction
and closure of sales and other issues.
- Excellent, enthusiastic, clear communication skills to a
diverse audience are critical to the success of this position.
- Systematic problem solving by working with customers and
- Presentation skills and creating materials for presentations to
internal and external audiences.
- Ability to work in good cooperation within an account
- Ability to travel to customer sites and factory locally and
- This position is ideal for an experienced professional wanting
to be involved with a dynamic team and exposed to a constant
variety of customer application areas.At Thermo Fisher Scientific,
each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to
tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our
customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Thermo
Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran
status, disability or any other legally protected status To access
this job later or share with a friend, please enter Name and Email
Address below. Your Name Get notified for similar jobs Sign up and
receive similar job alerts to your email Enter Email address Get
customized job recommendations based on your career area of
interest. How would you rate your experience popup Thermo Fisher
Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual
revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our
customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether
our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving
complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and
therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are
here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000
colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative
technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services
through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific,
Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab
Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit
www.thermofisher.com . Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, creed,
religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic
information, veteran status, age or disability status.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Hillsboro , Sr Account Manager, Executive , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!