Department Manager (Process Engineering
Company: SSOE GROUP
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Department Manager (Process Engineering) We have an opening for
a Department Manager of our Process Engineering group. This
position is a client-facing role requiring the ability to inspire
confidence from proposal through project execution. Leadership is
an essential part of this role. The ability to motivate and mentor
others in a dynamic environment is required. This is an exciting
opportunity to be part of our team. Primary Duties and
- Responsible for leading the Process Department with developing,
organizing and implementing discipline and departmental standards,
recordkeeping, and improvements. Responsible for establishing,
monitoring and adhering to PY budget or otherwise taking action to
make changes and adjustments as necessary to meet financials
objectives. Implements strategic activities within department to
achieve objectives of operations unit and corporate business.
- Coaches, directs, coordinates, facilitates and supervises
Section Manager(s) and/or department staff. This includes all
evaluation and employee relations responsibilities: manpower
planning/staffing, hiring, development and promotion.
- --- Ensures the technical competency and quality of work
performed by staff. Licensed individuals are required to stamp
- Carry out detailed engineering including preparation of
calculations and drawings directly and through supervision of other
- Ensure code compliance in issued design deliverables, review
submissions and installations for compliance with design intent and
good engineering practice.
- Liaise and coordinate with other disciplines within the other
SSOE offices, current SBU, and with external consultants.
- Present process engineering capability to potential clients in
support of proposals.
- Interface with Master Process engineer to coordinate technical
training for staff progression. Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree / DIRECT / 8+ Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 8 years of directly related experience is
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Chemical Engineering (or
equivalent engineering degree with relevant experience).
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) is preferred.
- Demonstrated capability in process engineering design.
- Excellent communication & people skills, as well as time
- Self-starter and decision-maker - leadership skills. About SSOE
Group As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6
years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to
clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They
have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to Work--) and one
of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C). With more than 20
offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients
successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the
company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing
quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food,
chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general
building industries-with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit
www.ssoe.com for additional information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture,
engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through
construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project
savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years. Equal
Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement SSOE is an equal
opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all
individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless
of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic
information, military / veteran status, or any other protected
group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with
the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws.
SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected
status under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applicants
with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any
part of the application or hiring process, may email their request
to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determinations on requests for
reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under
Federal EEO laws . Contact Us Have a question regarding our
services? Need assistance with an upcoming project? Send us an
email. We look forward to hearing from you and will follow up soon.
Sign up to receive official SSOE Group news and updates! This field
is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Keywords: SSOE GROUP, Hillsboro , Department Manager (Process Engineering, Executive , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!