Director, Critical Care/MS-KWMC
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: April 1, 2021
Important Update: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Kaiser
Permanente is moving to a virtual recruitment process including
telephone and video interviews to help ensure the health and safety
of our employees, candidates, and communities. Also, some hiring
activities may be delayed or suspended in certain geographic areas
and job categories. For more information on Kaiser Permanente's
response to COVID-19, visit our Resource Center . Our nurse
professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient
interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of
nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment. Director,
Critical Care/MS-KWMC Location: Hillsboro, OR Job Number: 934623
Date posted: 02/03/2021 Submit Interest Description: Under the
general direction of the Cheif Nursing Officer, the Director of Med
Surg/ICU, develops, implements, leads, and evaluates all aspects of
management and ensures the provision of quality patient /family
centered care for the Medical-Surgical and critical care patient
population. Provides leadership development, development and
implementation of policies and procedures, and insures staff has
the necessary skills and competencies to perform their essential
job functions. In collaboration with appropriate stakeholders,
develops and coordinates workgroups to address organizational goals
and develops and monitors performance indicators/metrics for
patient safety and business functions. Supports Kaiser Permanente
compliance efforts, reports and resolves areas of non-compliance
and maintains confidentiality. Protects organizational assets.
Exhibits ethics and integrity. Facilitates excellent communication
and partnership activities both internally and externally.
Responsible for evaluating business initiatives and recommending
process/system redesign and new service development. Essential
- Administers operating budget for assigned departments. In
collaboration with other services prepares annual capital and
operating budgets for assigned departments; monitors financial
reports; develops accountability model for managers. Gives
direction for interventions to control expenses, ensures compliance
with assigned budget.
- Facilitates collaboration between nursing, medical staff, and
other hospital departments, to ensure quality, comprehensive and
coordinated patient care. Ensures policy, procedure, and practice
are consistent with hospital strategic direction/goals, medical
practice, service delivery, and regulatory standards. Works with
assigned managers and staff to develop and support Unit Based Teams
to optimize care, work life and communication within the department
and the organization.
- Provides direction for all medical-surgical inpatient and
critical care departments' clinical functions. Provides supervision
to the department managers in developing policy and procedures,
determination of staffing patterns, and the development of programs
which support quality patient/family centered care. Serves as
consultant and role model for nursing personnel. Ensures that
employees providing care have the knowledge and skills required to
provide age appropriate care to patients and families through
education, training or experience. Mentors department managers and
staff. Works with Professional Development Consultants to develop
orientation and competency tools which demonstrate integration of
theory, critical thinking, and ability to provide age appropriate,
evidence based care. Utilizes research findings and supports
clinical research. Provides feedback to unit managers on staff
- Accountable for quality assurance/improvement activities for
all assigned departments, which enhance clinical practice and
development of staff so that value added services are provided.
Ensures that a quality improvement plan is developed, implemented
and evaluated for each assigned department. Ensures the quality
improvement plan is consistent with department/hospital goals.
- Participates in administrative management of the hospital and
serves as Administrator-On-Call on a rotation basis. Works
collaboratively with labor liaisons to interpret terms of labor
contracts. Participates in multidisciplinary projects for the
hospital. Counsels managers and takes reports on clinical arena
activities. Ensures communication to and from administration and
other disciplines to assigned departments.
- Performs other duties as requested. Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in hospital or healthcare
- Minimum five (5) years in a management position supervising
more than 20 people.
- Minimum five (5) years of management experience in leadership
role in healthcare organization.
- Minimum five (5) years of medical-surgical and/or critical care
- Minimum two (2) years of budget development. Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or health care related field.
- Master Degree in Nursing or health care related field.
- One of the above degrees must be in nursing. License,
- Current Oregon or Washington RN license in state where assigned
required upon hire/transfer.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required
within 90 days of hire/transfer. Additional Requirements:
- Experience and knowledge of financial management including
budgeting, forecasting, strategic fiscal planning and use of
decision support systems to guide operating decisions.
- Has a track record of developing/mentoring others and creating
an environment for learning and growth.
- Is able to delegate appropriately and hold others
- Willingness to recognize and partner with organized labor.
- Must be oriented to support the role of physicians in a
complementary and construction fashion and be able to maintain
strong relationships with the medical staff based upon mutual trust
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate
clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to articulate a vision and to explain ideas for all levels
- Able to manage effectively in a matrix environment.
- Must be inclusive, transparent, collegial, and able to
understand the perspectives and meet the expectations of multiple
- Knowledge of leadership skills, organizational skills and the
- Knowledge of rules/regulations established by pertinent
governmental and regulatory agencies. Preferred
- Minimum three (3) years of supervisory experience in a
healthcare organization in a managed care setting.
- Labor relations in union environment.
- Payroll/financial systems/budget experience.
- Advanced degree in nursing, health care administration, or
- Certification in clinical specialty or nursing
- Knowledge of licensing and accreditation standards including
The Joint Commission, NCQA. Primary Location:
Oregon,Hillsboro,Westside Hospital Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun Working
Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule:
Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee
Group/Union Affiliation: NEE-NUE-Non Union Employee Job Level:
Director/Senior Director Job Category: Nursing Licensed Department:
Westside Medical Cntr - Nursing Administration - 1001 Travel: No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified
applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered
for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws,
as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited
to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers Our Events
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming
career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you! Sign
up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Hillsboro , Director, Critical Care/MS-KWMC, Executive , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!