Nurse Manager Inpatient Geri Psych
Company: Tuality Healthcare
Posted on: March 22, 2020
POSITION SUMMARYFunctions as the Nurse Manager for the Inpatient
Geriatric Psychiatry unit within Tuality Healthcare. Assumes 24/7
responsibility and accountability for all patient care activities,
unit operation, and staff function as well as directs and
supervises all technical and management aspects. Functions in
direct bedside patient care at least 30% of the time.
Provides leadership and direction in accordance with the
organizational philosophy and objectives. Fosters highly skilled
professional practice and develops high functioning
interdisciplinary teams. Reviews and approves nursing policies and
procedures, nursing standards of patient care, plans for provision
of treatment and service. Assures ongoing quality improvement
programs are incorporated in clinical/nursing care, treatment and
services delivered to patients. Serves as a catalyst for change
within the organization and department to advance patient care and
staff engagement.JOB SPECIFICATIONSEducation:
- External candidates: BSN. MSN acceptable in lieu of BSN.
Master's degree in nursing required within two (2) years.
- Internal candidates: BSN. MSN acceptable in lieu of BSN.
Master's degree in nursing required within three (3) years.
- ALL: A copy of your highest science-related academic diploma or
transcript required upon hire.
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registration:
- Current license as registered nurse in state of Oregon
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS required
- Training required upon hire for the Management of Aggressive
- Nursing Leadership certification.
- Minimum of 5 years nursing experience
- Experience with hiring, staff development, and team
- Experience with quality improvement; developing initiatives,
monitoring, and demonstrated improvements in improving clinical
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in management positions within
disciplines or areas managed highly desirable
Job Related Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledgeable of governmental, outside agency, and accrediting
bodies' rules, regulations, and requirements for areas managed. For
example, State and Federal regulations governing administration of
long term care, Oregon State Board of Nursing, requirements if
managing nurses, etc.
- Skill in policy formulation, including writing skills and group
- Demonstrates effective written, communication and interpersonal
and applies them to change management, team building, and
facilitation of team effectiveness.
- Possesses knowledge of current concepts of nursing and medical
practices, and skills necessary in providing appropriate care for
patients unique needs based upon age, culture, ethnicity and belief
- Exhibits effective conflict resolution skills and strong
collaborative skills in daily interactions and
- Demonstrates ability to use a personal computer
- Must be able to function effectively and professionally in high
stress and critical situations.
- Must have knowledge of leadership, organizational skills and
the care process to provide appropriate care for patients' unique
needs based upon age, culture, ethnicity and belief systems.
- Financial skills including budget development and management of
budgets - operating and capital and monitoring of budget
performance. Experience with charge master and pricing
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations, workers' compensation
management, The Joint Commission, Oregon State Board of Nursing,
and State and Federal regulations.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
OverviewAt OHSU Tuality Healthcare, an Oregon Health & Science
University (OHSU) Partner, it's an honor and a privilege to serve
those near us. That's why since our beginnings in 1918, and as we
expand our strong network of services through our clinical
affiliation with OHSU, we continue to be committed to providing the
best health care possible and a valued community partner. Our
affiliation with OHSU brings the advanced medical resources of
Oregon's only academic health center, which allows local providers
to receive guidance from some of the country's top specialists and
pass that expertise on to Tuality patients where they can be cared
for in their community.
Tuality's many awards showcase our position as one of the Portland
metro area's premier healthcare providers, including 7th straight
year in Top 10 Healthiest Employers in Oregon from The Portland
Business Journal, Tuality's 7th straight Gold Plus Award from the
American Heart Association, and 2016 #1 Nationwide Best Hospital IT
Department to work for according to Healthcare IT News.Additional
Posting InformationTuality Healthcare believes in providing equal
employment opportunities for all qualified individuals.
Recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, working conditions,
training, and compensation will be based on qualifications without
regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
religion, age, creed, national origin, marital status, family
relationship, veteran status, genetic information, physical or
mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected
by applicable law. We further commit ourselves to continuing the
practical application of this policy in our daily business
Keywords: Tuality Healthcare, Hillsboro , Nurse Manager Inpatient Geri Psych, Executive , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!