Posted on: March 19, 2023
About nLIGHT At nLIGHT, we are constantly on the cutting-edge of
laser technology in a massively growing market. We are a leading
provider of high-power semiconductors and fiber lasers for
industrial, microfabrication, and aerospace & defense applications,
to name a few. Our lasers are changing not only the way things are
made, but also changing the things that can be made. -
Headquartered in Camas, Washington, nLIGHT is a publicly listed
company (NASDAQ: LASR). About the Role
The Quality Engineer is responsible for leading the resolution of
all customer satisfaction and supplier quality issues. The
successful candidate will have a strong background in quality
systems, leading continuous improvement activities, problem
solving, and ensuring compliance with a quality management system.
Quality System Management
- Manages NCM process by leading MRB in Hillsboro, reporting NCM
metric and driving improvement actions.
- Manages internal audit schedule for Hillsboro, ensuring all
audits are completed on time.
- Manages QMS document release and Axapta updates once ECOs are
- Provides CofCs as required for Customer shipments.
- Supports PDM implementation for Hillsboro. Continuous
- Ensures data collection methods are robust so that data
integrity is unquestionable.
- Update manufacturing scorecard weekly.
- Benchmarks common processes between Hillsboro and Vancouver and
ensure standardization of best practices.
- Manages SPC process, including maintenance and improvement of
IQS Proficient 'projects'.
- Works with process owners to ensure that SPC drives
improvements: Cpk = 1.33 --> 2.0 --> > 2.0.
- Assists process owners with Measurement System Analysis and
data analysis; improvements through Design of Experiments; and
prevention through control programs, process standardization, and
- Drives containment and improvement activities as soon as key
processes deviate from goal.
- Provides guidance and support to Hillsboro Inspectors. Verify
inspection failures as required.
- Develops upplier capabilities by identifying improvement
opportunities through Supplier Quality Metrics and driving Supplier
- Provides training to sustain improvement activities.
- Supports all NPI programs through implementation of Quality
Plans for each program including new supplier/new part/new process
qualification and integration into the existing QMS.
- Leads at least 2 Six Sigma/8D projects per year.
- Supports Customer and ISO audits of Hillsboro. Qualifications
- 5+ years experience working as a Quality Engineer, preferably
in a microelectronics field.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Math, or Statistics
- Strong analytical, project management and communication
- Experience using statistical software, such as Minitab.
- Experience leading various Design of Experiment activities to
achieve improved performance and implementing appropriate
statistical process controls to maintain these improvements is
- Robust audit experience, including supplier auditing, is
- ASQ Quality Engineer certification and ASQ Certified Six Sigma
Black Belt are preferred. nLIGHT -is proud to offer comprehensive
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: -
- Competitive compensation package -
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off per year, increasing by 1 day each
year up to 4 weeks, plus paid holidays -
- Eligible for health benefits on the 1st day of the month
following start date -
- Medical & Dental Benefits including Prescription, Orthodontia
and Vision with premiums as low as $35.00 per pay period -
- Flexible Spending and Health Spending Accounts -
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan -
- 401(k) with company match -
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, and Life &
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance - nLIGHT -is subject
to US Export Control regulations. - To qualify for this position,
you must be a US Person (that is, a US Citizen or legal Permanent
Resident). - Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more
information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity,
please see these government posters: "EEO is the Law" -and -its
accompanying -temporary supplement. -If you are an individual with
a disability and need -a reasonable -accommodation in the
application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at
(360) 566-4460 or -Hr@nlight.net.
Keywords: nLIGHT, Hillsboro , Quality Engineer, Engineering , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...