Posted on: March 15, 2023
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing vertically integrated supplier of
high-performance lasers that enable innovation in materials
processing, microelectronics, and defense applications. nLIGHT
develops and manufactures fiber lasers based on industry-leading
semiconductor laser and optical fiber technology. -nLIGHT is
headquartered in Camas, Washington with additional sites in North
America, Asia, and Europe.
Our lasers are not only changing the way things are made, but what
can be made.
About the Role
The Product Engineering group has end-to-end product responsibility
beginning in the R&D phase of new product introduction and
carrying through ongoing support of legacy platforms. - It carries
a broad scope that involves daily cross-functional collaboration
with R&D, Operations, Process Engineering, Planning, Sales, and
customers. - The preferred candidate will be highly motivated with
an excellent track record of performance and innovation as well as
be passionate about developing and producing best in class laser
- Complete NPI design-oriented activities, including
specifications, product/design FMEAs, DFX, qualification plans,
drawings, test requirements, etc.
- Understand all technical details of products - ranging from
initial designs to volume production issues.
- Work with finance to estimate project costs including ROIs and
establish product costs through detailed yielded BOMs.
- Support Sales and Product Line Managers to cultivate customer
relationships and establish broad understanding of customer
applications and associated product use.
- Work with buyer/planners to identify key vendor engagement
regarding BOM costs, material cost reduction targets, vendor
qualification, design trades, and deliver of pre-pilot
- Lead improvements in reliability based on FA of external RMAs
and internal NCMs establishing root cause failures and appropriate
- Review production data with Process Engineering (e.g., yield,
cycle time, DL hours) across entire MFG process to facilitate
continual improvement plans.
- Collaborate with development and marketing on product roadmaps
that promote the investigation and application of new technologies
to meet forecasted industry demands.
- Ensures products meet cost targets, performance specifications,
expected reliability, and quality goals.
- Manage multiple projects with multi-disciplinary indirectly
reporting team members. -Qualifications -
- BS or MS in Physics, Optical Engineering, Mechanical
Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar discipline
- Minimum 3 years' industrial experience in a technical
- Excellent listening and collaboration skills.
- Skilled at writing and presenting to effectively communicate
concepts to both internal and external customers.
- Attention to detail and an ability to absorb and assimilate
- Solving complex problems in multi-dimensional spaces.
- Highly organized with the ability to work in a fast-paced,
- Computer Skills -MS Excel, Solidworks PDM, SQL, Dynamics AX,
- Experience with fiber lasers and diode pumped solid state
- Familiarity with a wide variety of materials and processes to
best achieve the design goals and product specifications. nLIGHT is
proud to offer comprehensive COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary -level based on experience, education, and skills:
- Product Engineer I: $75,000 - $90,000
- Product Engineer II: $80,000 - $100,000 Other Compensation and
- Target Cash Bonus of 5% of your wages
- Eligible for Restricted Stock Unit grants
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off per year, increasing by 1 day each
year up to 4 weeks -
- 9 paid holidays -
- Eligible for health benefits on the 1st day of the month
following start date
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits including Prescription and
Orthodontia with employee-paid premiums as low as $37.00 per pay
- Flexible Spending and Health Spending Accounts -
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting - -
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, and Life &
AD&D Insurance -
- Employee Assistance Program
- Aflac Supplemental Insurance
- Paid Bereavement Leave and Jury Duty -
- Tuition Assistance Program -
- Pet Insurance nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control
regulations. - To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that
is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible
for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce
and/or the US Department of State. - Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to
equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters:
"EEO is the Law" and its accompanying -temporary supplement. - If
you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable
accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact
Human Resources at (360) 566-4460 or -Hr@nlight.net.
Keywords: nLIGHT, Hillsboro , Product Engineer, Engineering , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...