Field Application Engineer
Company: ASML US, LLC
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Field Application Engineer
Hillsboro - OR, US
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and
technology to develop lithography machines that are key to
producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We
design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced
machines, which enable our customers - the world's leading
chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of
their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful
consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the
Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United
States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and
San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro,
Oregon.Applications Engineering - Creating Tomorrow's Value: We
pro-actively enable business development and drive customer
adoption of a tailored portfolio of sustainable ASML solutions by
applying our industry product and process knowledge in a
collaborative learning environment.You are responsible for
providing solutions to lithography applications problems related to
the optimization of the ASML scanner and its applications
performance enhancement options. You will use personally
accumulated knowledge supported by a worldwide applications & ASML
headquarters' network, combined with analytical skills to analyze
and identify opportunities for ASML scanner optimizations towards
improving customer's on-product performance. Driven by a
determination to never give up, you'll troubleshoot lithography
issues potentially related to ASMLs product portfolio. You will do
this in close collaboration with the customer, and often connected
to the introduction of a new technology node for high volume
manufacturing. Your scope includes enabling advanced scanner
baseliner products and metrology capable to become a part of
customer on process set-up and control. Your proposals for
application product improvement can cover a wide variety of
solutions concerning scanner set-up and usage, choices in process
control strategies, metrology mark choice and design as well as
optimization.You are expected to grow into a role where you can
represent ASML as a technical expert in the field and get
recognition of this by the customer. Since you will be working
intimately with customers and sensitive customer data, a high level
of integrity is required for securing confidentiality, while at the
same time being able to translate customer issues into problem
statements for ASML. Due to the scope and impact of this role, it
offers you the opportunity to grow further in technical expertise
roles, or project or management leadership roles.This position
requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export
Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. * 730, et seq.). Qualified
candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled
technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require
ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to
access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Participate and/or lead projects which are aimed at supporting
our customer transition to a new technology node or ramp up a
specific technology node.
- Define and drive customer requirements for existing or
evaluation products based on technical intimacy with the
- Translate a customer on-product issue into a potential
lithography or metrology related problem statement, resolve these
issues to help them maximize the performance and use of ASML
- Participate in pro-actively identifying ASML applications
product opportunities for our customer.
- Conduct data analysis to ensure that the correct conclusions
are drawn from customers acquired experimental data and results
reported to ASML and customer.
- Meet with internal and external customers to maintain two-way
level of commitment to keep all involved and affected parties
informed of progress.
- Prepare technical presentations for customer meetings.
- Learn and exercise the ASML metrology product portfolio and
maximize the application of ASML products & options to the benefit
of the customer.
Education and experience
- MS or PhD in Physics, Optics, Electronics, Micro-electronics,
Mechanical Engineering, Material Science Engineering, Chemical
Engineering or IC manufacturing or equivalent experience.
- Must have strong organizational, communication, leadership and
- Detailed oriented individuals with strong critical thinking,
problem solving and follow-up skills.
- Fast learner with strong self-motivation to grow technically;
be able to perform job at high standard with minimum supervision,
and demonstrated ability to thrive in a high pressure and fast
- Ability to prioritize and organize actions effectively and
- Basic project management skills.
- Self-starter that shows high drive, creativity, ambition and
- Experience in data analysis using support software (matlab,
- Experience in statistical data analysis skills and DOE (Design
of Experiments) preferred.
- Semiconductor processing and fabrication knowledge is
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you'll always have new
challenges and new problems to solve - and working together is the
only way to do that. You won't work in a silo. Instead, you'll be
part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you'll
collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for
creative and unique points of view. You'll have the flexibility and
trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.To
thrive in this job, you'll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact
with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction
through prioritization, quality, efficiency and
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and
high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding
environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on
assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working
relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the
importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy
of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all
job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age,
national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or
gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a
driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office Responsibilities:
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to
keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist,
reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.EOE
AA M/F/Veteran/DisabilityNeed to know more about applying for a job
at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
Apply NowShare Save Job
Keywords: ASML US, LLC, Hillsboro , Field Application Engineer, Engineering , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!