Group Lead CS Field Application Engineering
Company: ASML US, LLC
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Group Lead CS Field Application Engineering
Hillsboro - OR, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and
technology to develop lithography machines that are key to
producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We
design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced
machines, which enable our customers - the world's leading
chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of
their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful
consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the
Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United
States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and
San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro,
Oregon.Creating Tomorrow's Value: We pro-actively enable business
development and drive customer adoption of a tailored portfolio of
sustainable ASML solutions by applying our industry product and
process knowledge in a collaborative learning environment. Your
team is responsible for providing and maintaining lithography
and/or metrology applications solutions. The team operates in the
environment of overlay/imaging/focus performance of ASML's
lithographic equipment, (integrated) metrology. The choices that
are made by the customer on node process and metrology mark design,
as well as process control strategies influence this performance
and choices for viable solutions. You are able to support the
teams' technical analysis and drive its' quality and efficiency, as
well as people and skill development. You integrate the operational
activities of the team towards the customer and towards the
application manager. Being part of the operational apps management
team, you contribute to structural improvements of our performance
to the customer. You ensure knowledge and best practices are shared
within the global apps community, and that process improvements are
aligned and implemented.You will use personally accumulated
knowledge supported by your highly skilled engineering team and a
worldwide applications & ASML headquarters' network. You will be
working intimately with customers at high technical level. You are
able to translate customer issues into problem statements and
solution directions, and are determined to drive lithography
patterning roadblocks into ASMLs product portfolio at appropriate
stakeholder levels. You will do this in close collaboration with
the customer, and often connected to the introduction of a new
technology node for high volume manufacturing.This position
requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export
Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. * 730, et seq.). Qualified
candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled
technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require
ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to
access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Lead one of the local application sub-teams, reporting to the
local applications manager, creating synergy and collaboration with
the other sub-teams, as well as with account team and equipment
- Ensure operational excellence to achieve agreed internal and
external targets and customer performance in resource efficient
- Continuously drives efficiency and quality; initiates and leads
improvement processes for local organization and world-wide
- Build an organization of technical leadership and teamwork that
offers employees the opportunity to excel their growth potential
through active performance management, coaching, and structured
people development on training.
- Supervise technical progress of the team and their technical
presentations, and drive organizational solutions finding and
implementation of technical issues with an empowered team.
- Participate and/or lead projects which are aimed at supporting
our customer transition to a new technology node or ramp up a
specific technology node.
- Develop and drive autonomously a project plan and chase a
successful execution with regular updates to relevant internal and
- Translate customer on-product issues into a potential
lithography or metrology opportunities and drive to resolve
roadblocks within the organization to maximize the adoption of ASML
- Participate with the account team in translation and execution
of strategic account roadmaps into operational execution
- Meet with internal and external customers to maintain two-way
level of commitment to keep all involved and affected parties
informed of progress.
- Drive, evaluate and develop customer requirements for existing
products based on technical intimacy with the customer.
- Partner with recruitment and management to identify hiring
needs, succession planning and budget.
Education and experience
- Msc, PhD or equivalent experience.
- Litho fab experience is preferred.
- Experience is costumer facing role is required.
- Semiconductor industry experience > 5 yrs.
- Min of 3 yrs of people management experience.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you'll always have new
challenges and new problems to solve - and working together is the
only way to do that. You won't work in a silo. Instead, you'll be
part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you'll
collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for
creative and unique points of view. You'll have the flexibility and
trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.To
thrive in this job, you'll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact
with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction
through prioritization, quality, efficiency and
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and
high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding
environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on
assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working
relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the
importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy
of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all
job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age,
national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or
gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a
driving force in the success of our company.
Role within OfficeResponsibilities:
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to
keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist,
reach, and stretch.
- Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.EOE
AA M/F/Veteran/DisabilityNeed to know more about applying for a job
at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
Apply NowShare Save Job
Keywords: ASML US, LLC, Hillsboro , Group Lead CS Field Application Engineering, Engineering , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!