Customer Support Engineer - UIR
Posted on: November 22, 2022
LocationHillsboro - OR, USTeamCustomer supportExperience0-2
yearsDegreeBachelorJob CategoryOther technical job
Introduction to the jobASML US brings together the most creative
minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines
that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient
microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these
advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world's leading
chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of
their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful
consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the
Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United
States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and
San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro,
Oregon.The Customer Support (CS) organization is responsible for
the installations, qualification, upgrade, repair and maintenance
of the ASML systems at customer sites and is responsible for the
necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. UIR Customer
Support branches perform these tasks for the customer within the
specific region.This position requires access to controlled
technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15
C.F.R. - 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally
authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning
work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates
who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.Role
- Install and de-install equipment at customer's locations,
including equipment with new features, unload components, inspect
for damage and assemble/disassemble.
- Preparation for install and de-installs, to include cable
pulls, drain and dry, terminating or de-terminating connections,
tool load ins/out including inventory, inventory of materials
- Analyze applicability, accuracy and adherence to design
- Evaluate and diagnose problems and make appropriate
- Expediently escalate issues to supporting resources when
- Work with co-workers, customer & field support in isolating and
- Maintain and optimize equipment on a daily basis to enhance
functionality and prevent problems.
- Answer customer questions and assist customers in a
- Advise users of appropriate actions to correct malfunctions and
may recommend changes in user procedures.
- Perform administrative and coordination duties, including
pass-downs, work orders, field service reports, system problem
reports, and monthly reports. Prepare written technical reports on
an independent basis.
- Provide appropriate support and assistance to less experienced
ASML personnel as necessary.
- The work requires to work night and weekends.
- Typically will work 12 hour shifts.Education and experience
- BS degree in a Technical Field or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years working experience.
- Knowledge of semiconductor industry is preferred.SkillsWorking
at the cutting edge of tech, you'll always have new challenges and
new problems to solve - and working together is the only way to do
that. You won't work in a silo. Instead, you'll be part of a
creative, dynamic work environment where you'll collaborate with
supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and
unique points of view. You'll have the flexibility and trust to
choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.To thrive in
this job, you'll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact
with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction
through prioritization, quality, efficiency and
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and
high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding
environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on
assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working
relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the
provided timelines.Diversity & InclusionASML is an Equal
Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a
diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to
recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran
status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We
recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the
success of our company.Other information
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- This position is a safety-sensitive position requiring the
ability to operate heavy/complex machinery and work in a safe and
- Will require travel up to 80% dependent on company needs.
- Willingness to continue learning and growing in a professional
environment is necessary.
- Work is conducted at a customer site and requires
familiarization with customer rules and policies regarding worksite
behavior and safety.
- Expect to spend more than 50% of the time inside the clean room
working with electromechanical equipment.
- Position works under the direction of a Manager, Supervisor, or
Sr. Engineer.Role within OfficeResponsibilities:
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to
keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist,
reach, and stretch.
- Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Keywords: ASML, Hillsboro , Customer Support Engineer - UIR, Engineering , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!