Structural Engineering Department Manager
Company: SSOE, Inc.
Posted on: January 6, 2022
Overview:You don't have to be an employee long before you
understand the SSOE difference. It goes back to our history of
reinventing ourselves for new markets, serious rates of growth year
after year, and being ahead of the curve in technology. Those are
the achievements of a company that rewards talent and effort in
ways that mean the most to the individual.
When you work at SSOE, you work with the best and you're a part of
something bigger than yourself. And providing the best possible
workplace for our employees gives us a competitive
advantage-helping us attract and retain top talent and drive better
This position will be responsible for managing a group of
Structural Engineers, Designers and work closely with clients.
Leadership is an essential part of this role. The ability to
motivate and mentor others in a dynamic environment is required.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our
- Coaches, directs, coordinates, facilitates and supervises
structural staff. This includes all evaluation and employee
relations responsibilities: manpower planning/staffing, hiring,
development, promotion and performance management.
- Ensures the technical competency and quality of work performed
by staff. Licensed individuals may be required to seal discipline
- Develops, organizes and implements discipline and departmental
standards, recordkeeping, and improvements. Responsible for
establishing, monitoring and adhering to PY budget or otherwise
taking action to make changes and adjustments as necessary to meet
financial objectives. Implements strategic activities within
department to achieve objectives of operations and corporate
- Supports PIC customer maintenance and business development
activities. Assists project managers in preparing proposals and
- Verifies that the Discipline Leads have defined discipline work
plans for each project and monitors progress to ensure key measures
- Develops project change orders as required and submits to the
- Prepares and monitors project work schedules and projected
workload schedules for department.
- Point of contact between Structural Department and Client.
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses of department personnel to
identify and prioritize training needs. Develops and implements
department training program.
- Responsible for departmental expenses, profit and loss.
- Supports or drive strategic improvement initiatives.
- Travel required up to 5%.
- Valid driver's license required.Qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Structural Engineering with
minimum of eight (8) years related experience.
- Current Professional Engineering licensure is required.
- Must be able to function efficiently in an environment that is
constantly changing with a high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Must support and drive continuous performance improvement for
self and staff.
- Demonstrates skill in cross discipline coordination and
- Able to ensure employees have meaningful work and feel
connected and appreciated.
- Drive a mentality of making and meeting commitments.
- Working knowledge of building codes in hazardous occupancies
Keywords: SSOE, Inc., Hillsboro , Structural Engineering Department Manager, Engineering , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!