Quantum Computing Measurement Engineer
Company: Intel GmbH
Posted on: April 2, 2021
- --- Quantum Computing Measurement Engineer Hillsboro, OR Job
ID: JR0162205 Job Category: Engineering Support Primary Location:
Hillsboro, OR US Other Locations: Job Type: Experienced Hire
Quantum Computing Measurement EngineerJob Description
Components Research is looking for a PhD level engineer to
characterize quantum devices at low temperature, as well as perform
simple computations of quantum circuits in dilution
refrigerators.Responsibilities are the following:
- Primary study will be on spin qubits in silicon.
- Hands-on expertise with device electrical measurements is
- Experience with cryogenic and vacuum systems highly desired, in
particular dilution refrigerators.
- You will need to efficiently communicate and collaborate daily
with other groups to determine and validate success criteria.
- Independent design and follow-through of unique, enabling ideas
is a key expectation from this role.
- This position includes overseeing measurement equipment and
collaboration with external research groups and vendor
programs.Behavioral traits we look for and required for this
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Keen experimental insight with an ability to devise and focus
on key experiments
- Highly motivated, and excited by self-directed, hands-on
- Creativity and flexibility to thrive under changing
- Teamwork skills
- Must posses a Ph.D. in Physics or Electrical Engineering.
- 4+ yrs of experience (through your Ph.D. research) in
electrical measurement of devices
- Hands-on experience with tools, preferably with vacuum
- Experience measuring qubits or quantum dots
- Understanding of CMOS devices and device physics at low
- Hands-on experience with cryogenic systems
- Hands on experience with microwave circuits
- Experience programming, preferably using Python
- 3+ 1st author publicationsInside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make
every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from
semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield
improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world
class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the
Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network
of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test
facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to
bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex,
national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability,
medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran
status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression,
gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic
protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Keywords: Intel GmbH, Hillsboro , Quantum Computing Measurement Engineer, Engineering , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!